African students can now apply for a postgraduate scholarship position supported by the Beit Trust for the academic year 2022/23 in South African or United Kingdom universities, beginning in the fall of 2019.
The Beit Trust is a collaboration between three South African universities and six UK institutions that provides financial assistance to students who wish to study and get a degree. The participation of the institutions helps to distribute costs in order to expand the number of scholarships that the Beit Trust is able to provide funding for.
About The Scholarship Award
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Beit Trust
- Host countries: UK or South Africa
- Scholarship Type: Full Scholarship
- Scholarship level: Postgraduate (Masters)
- Scholarship Worth: check Benefits (section below)
- Nationality: Africans
- Application Deadline: February 11, 2022
Eligibility Criteria for Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarship:
• Only students from Zambia, Zimbabwe, and Malawi who are currently residing in the United States and who are willing to return to their home countries after completing their studies are eligible to participate.
• Candidates can apply for a two-year taught master’s program at a South African institution as well as a one-year taught master’s program at a UK university, respectively.
• As of December 31, 2021, all applicants (with the exception of medical and veterinary professionals) must be under the age of 30.
• Doctors and veterinary doctors must be under the age of 35 on December 31, 2020, to be eligible.
• Fees, tuition charges, and other relevant academic expenditures are all entirely covered by the scholarship.
• A personal allowance, which is index-linked in line with the recommendations of an impartial body and which covers maintenance support.
• An additional stipend is provided for arrival and departure, as well as for the use of a computer.
• Economy class airfare to and from the study destination, as well as round-trip airfare for the final return, will be covered.
• Any costs that may be incurred in 2022/23 as a result of the continued use of Covid regimens will be reimbursed.
Interested candidates must apply by following the procedures as outlined:
• Submit your application to one of the partner institutions in the United Kingdom or South Africa and you will be admitted into a postgraduate degree.
• The partner university should be alerted that the student intends to contact the Beit Trust and should also be informed of any job experience the student may have.
• The Trust should be contacted as soon as an application has been made to a partner university, and it should be informed of the course that has been selected for consideration for application.
• Please provide the Trust with proof of your nationality; Zambian applicants’ application forms should be emailed to [email protected] for confirmation.
The application forms for candidates from Zimbabwe and Malawi should be emailed to [email protected] org uk.
• Before the deadline, you can upload your application and any supporting papers to the scholarship application website using the URL provided.
• A Medical Certificate Form with your doctor’s signature on it is required. This step must be completed before you may proceed with the application procedure described below. To obtain a copy of the application form, please visit the following link: Form for a Medical Certificate of Fitness.
If you received an offer letter from a UK Partner University or from a South African Partner University, you must submit a copy of the letter as well as a PDF document specifying the university or universities and course(s) you applied to at the South African Partner University ors.
• The findings of the degree.
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
• A personal statement (no more than 500 words) in which you explain in your own words how you believe a postgraduate degree would benefit your nation and its development.
You should have a current, clean image of yourself: a shot that displays you in your best possible light.
• A clear copy of your current passport, with the date of issuance and expiration clearly shown.
Visit the official webpage to apply beittrust.org.uk/beit-trust-scholarships